Hamburg is a city in northern Germany with population of over 1.8 million, it is the second-largest city in Germany after Berlin. It is also one of 16 Germany federal states. Hamburg has 19 universities with over 100,000 students.
Growth and Development
The Lord is recovering His testimony in Hamburg. This past year, through migration and much prayer from the Body, the Lord has blessed the church in Hamburg with the growth in number. The saints are also growing in life, function and care for one another. On average we have about 20 to 25 saints meeting regularly in Hamburg. Quite often, we have blending with the saints from other cities: Berlin, Hannover and Bremen.
We have meetings on Friday evenings and Lord’s day and recently, we started to have corporate prayer meeting on Tuesday nights. The Lord is recovering the church life through the saints being joined together and being knit together …. and through the operation in the measure of each one part (Ephesians 4:16).
There are some student saints at these universities in Hamburg:
- University of Hamburg
- Technical University of Hamburg (TUHH)
- Kuehne Logistics University
- Hamburg University of Applied Science (HAW)
Burden for Hamburg:
- More families to migrate to Hamburg permanently to strengthen the testimony
- May the Lord recover saints who have not been meeting
- Recover the lampstand in Hamburg